Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 16, 2024

I LOVE HER STILL


 

Remembering a love of other days,

A cute, sweet, and a very pretty gal,

But what year was it, I forget

Letting her slip away I now regret –

I guess I threw in the towel!

 

She was a bit high spirited I guess,

But I too had some crazy ways!

A Diamond in the rough I guess,

And not always seeing the best

Lost somewhere in the haze!

 

Upon the sheets where we played

As moonlight shined upon her face,

And now etched in my mind

Moments of a forgotten time,

Gone without a trace!

 

The years have come and gone . . .

Life was hard, and it takes great will,

To face tomorrow, and even today,

And through it all I’ll have to say:

“In reality I love her still!”

 

Epaphroditus© March 16, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment