Total Pageviews

Friday, March 29, 2024

CAUTION TO THE WIND


 

I cannot mix the grape with the grain

It always drives me a little insane –

To the head banging music I’d dance,

And the pretty ladies would glance –

On the hardwood floors I would glide

Where smoke and laughter coincide!

 

Life was just a party when I was young,

As sweet words rolled off my tongue –

I have no regrets I’m sure you can see,

But looking back life was all about me –

Yes, I thought it would last forever . . .

But in reality I guess I was not so clever!

 

I cannot mix the grape with the grain

The hangovers bring too much pain –

And yes those days were so much fun

Living life basking in the sun –

But in truth those days came to an end,

When I threw caution to the wind!

 

Epaphroditus© March 29, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment