Total Pageviews

Monday, December 11, 2023

THESE WORDS I’LL SAY


O, I say this to your heart:

“I loved you,” I gave it my all!

It was more than love, it was desire,

But you hide behind your wall!

 

A heart bounded by chains . . .

But I never put you down!

It was not I that broke your heart,

But in me it was love you found!

 

I remember the first time I saw you

My heart dropped to the floor –

And I was never the same . . .

It was a place I’d never been before!

 

In my dreams you come at night –

As I lie in bed by myself . . .

The sadness of a memory of you

Is as dust gathering on a shelf!

 

O, but in the midst of it all . . .

In a sweet moment of a silent hush

There you stand in the shadows,

And to my broken heart I’ll clutch!

 

And I whisper through my tears:

That we will meet again someday –

And this time I’ll not let you go –

“I love you,” these words I’ll say!

 

Epaphroditus© December 11, 2023

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment