Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 3, 2023

O THE DARKNESS


 

O the darkness that’s so cold,

And in this heart I want to know –

What is the purpose of life?

A need that cuts like a knife!

 

The darkness remains still,

And its presence I can feel!

Good and evil I understand,

But a purpose needs a plan!

 

In the darkness of my soul

So many things I don’t know!

Lost in the quietness of night

My spirit feels like fight or flight!

 

I had to rise and pin these words:

It’s like the ebbs of an ocean surge!

I wonder what others may say:

“A soul that couldn’t find its way!”

 

Emotions on paper I can find peace . . .

An inner unknown I have to release

In the darkness that’s so cold –

A troubled spirit that needs to know!

 

Epaphroditus© December 3, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment