Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A BITTER TASTE


 

I know that yesterday is gone,

   But I remember your touch,

It’s what love was all about,

   And I miss that so much!

Love is about the little things,

Not about all the games,

Or pulling on heartstrings,

   And to your memory I clutch!

 

Feelings that come out at night

   And in love I didn’t invest,

The world I guess took my time

   Always being so stressed,

And it’s reality I have to face,

And the fact that I lost my place,

And losing you has a bitter taste,

   But through it all I’m blessed!

 

Your memory still sustains me,

   But life can still get in the way!

If I could only call back the years

   I would not let you slip away –

Love would have more meaning

I would do more dreaming,

And I’d not be so demeaning

   And I’d love you every day!

 

Epaphroditus© December 19, 2023

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment