Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 12, 2023

JUST WAIT AND SEE


 

I sit alone quietly

   I take a book off the shelf,

I open it slowly

   Then I read to myself.

 

I turn off the lights

   Then I fall asleep,

There are peaceful dreams

  Then I begin to weep.

 

I abruptly awaked

   I dreamt of you –

I remember you were crying,

   What can I do?

 

I put my thoughts together –

   I sat for a while

You still looked beautiful

   Then I cracked a smile.

 

We were so in love

   It was just us two –

We were always laughing,

   But time always flew!

 

I have to let things go,

   And let life be –

Soon it will be my turn

   You just wait and see.

 

God took you way too soon!

   I always asked why?

O how I have missed you –

   Then I begin to cry!

 

Epaphroditus© August 12, 2023

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment