Total Pageviews

Friday, August 4, 2023

JUST LET ME BE


 

I love my life, but it’s not mine

   When it comes to truth I draw the line,

One day they will lay me in the sod

   Then I’ll meet the one and only God!

 

I look at this world, and I ask why?

   So much trouble that it makes me cry,

It’s just as if people somehow don’t care

   Look around – hell it’s everywhere!

 

I love to feel the morning breeze . . .

   I sit and watch it play in the trees

I know someday I’m going to die,

   And there is no point asking God why!

 

We all have been blessed, and we know

   What happened yesterday – let it go!

The paths we choose just let it all be

   For only God knows our destiny!

 

I love mornings – I listen to the birds

   I think of God’s holy words . . .

I have to admit I have too much pride,

   But I know the Holy Spirit lives inside!

 

I love my life, but it’s not mine

   When it comes to truth I draw the line,

Only through my eyes, its truth I see

   Go away world! Please just let me be!

 

Epaphroditus© August 4, 2023

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment