Total Pageviews

Friday, April 5, 2024

LOVE OUT OF PLACE


 

Oh! She was good, so tender, and filled my need

Like a thirst on a hot summer day, I concede –

She was a silent wind in one’s eyes that’s unseen,

But now I lie here waiting to see her in a dream.

 

My nights are filled with loneliness unknown,

And in this sadness I know that I’m all alone –

Tomorrow is a new day when reality shows its face

Where time is only a reminder of love out of place!

 

Oh! It was all good – well at least for a short time,

And it’s now funny what love can do to one’s mind –

Just when you think you have the world by the tale,

But I am here to tell you it can also be like hell!

 

A dark cloud now follows me, hanging in the sky –

And now I question everything, was our love a lie?

 

Epaphroditus© April 4, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment