Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 28, 2023

SWEET TRUTH


 

   Dear common sense, it seems I’ve lost my way,

I know there are things I need to know,

      Maybe I shouldn’t listen to what others say,

If they are not telling the truth then I need to go!

   Most will tell you their opinion – wanted or not,

And common sense, well that is never found,

You see in life people are going to let you down

   It’s a simple fact, and I can say that about me

   Through rose colored glasses most of us see!

 

   It starts in childhood – remembering what we see –

But not all are taught right from wrong . . .

      We all have a dark side – even hidden in me!

It’s so true – true as the days are long,

   And we all possess a common noun, “Stupidity!”

Listen to truth – listen to what it could bring

We all have enough people we can blame . . .

   Sweet truth! Sweet truth! It’s music to my ears,

   And common sense: Well I toast you with cheers!

 

Epaphroditus© October 28, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment