Total Pageviews

Monday, October 23, 2023

ROMEO AND JULIET


I reached out for your affection,

There is not much else I can do!

How can love stand up to your rejection?

Not understanding the hurts in you.

 

I am the sand and you the wave

But where does a heart began to break?

My lips upon yours sweet Juliet,

Will ease the pain that you dearly hate.

 

Again and again you somehow retreat

Far from my knocks upon your door,

And again, I do not know the reason why

That I keep coming back for more.

 

Maybe it’s the lure of your mystery I seek

An uncertainty that I need to know,

Or that somehow I can win your trust,

And in time you will surely let go.

 

Perhaps it’s my need for you not to cry

In the secret places of your mind;

For it was not I my sweet Juliet

That broke your heart and stole your time.

 

This passion I have makes me hurt for you,

My angry at the one who broke your heart!

What sense does it make to feel this way?

To which I played no part.

 

The choices you made were made by you

And how it works is what you choose.

I know it’s hard to hide within your mind

But to have known love, was to never lose.

 

I dream sometimes my sweet Juliet

That your need is to stay and to never go,

But do you think only of yourself

And care less of these words from Romeo?

 

Epaphroditus© May 7, 2006

 

No comments:

Post a Comment