Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

MY INNER SONG


 

My heart! My heart! Proud and strong –

But can you hear its crying song?

   And ON it goes

   ON and ON

      In a moment of despair.

 

Time waits not for anyone

And diffidently not me

And silence prevails

But I know

Life’s unfair

But what can I do

I think to myself

Give up

A coward’s way out!

 

There

I said it

But I don’t believe it

Depart from me Satan!

   I look inside of me

   Love is still there –

And I know the truth

Love conquers all

   Listen not to the world

      And be honest with myself!

 

But in a vulnerable moment

Doubt shows its head

When I least expect it

Emotions down

Instead of up

I know them all,

   But do they rule me

   Proud and strong

   I listen to my inner song!

 

Epaphroditus© October 11, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment