Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2026

AUTUMN TO BLAME


 

Oh, the coolness of a fall wind –

Do these heartaches ever end?

My mind drifts back to yesterday,

And all my heart can try to say:

Time couldn't care at all for me,

A hidden pain no one can see.

I see us standing in the sun,

Before the damage had begun.

Your promises were warm and bright,

But faded like the evening light.

Now yellow leaves fall to the ground,

Where echoes are the only sound.

The glass is low, the hour is late,

I sit alone and weigh my fate.

It was love that tore my heart apart,

And left this chill inside my heart.

The whiskey only numbs the pain,

And I have only me to blame.

Oh, the coolness of a fall wind –

Will these heartaches ever end?

 

Thomas Theophilus© October 9, 2026



No comments:

Post a Comment